| The Cosmic RX
By Madi Murphy
What is a chakra:
There are traditionally seven (but we will go over 8!) chakras within the body, running from the base of the spine all the way up to the crown of the head. Chakra is the sanskrit word for “wheel” or “circle”, because the chakras are energy centres, thus when they are balanced they spin and allo energy to flow up the spine (or the Kundalini). Chakras can become overactive, underactive, or even blocked which can affect us physically and emotionally.
Every seven years, we have one dominant chakra for that cycle. The first 7 years of our life is related to the root chakra. Check journal questions for me.
What is the Crown Chakra:
The crown chakra, the element of thought, is associated with the transcendence of our limitations, whether they are personal or bound to space and time. It is where the paradox becomes norm, where seemingly opposites are one. The quality of awareness that comes with the crown chakra is universal.
When we are immersed in the energy of the crown chakra, we feel a state of blissful union with all that is, of spiritual ecstasy. This chakra allows access to the utmost clarity and enlightened wisdom.
It is commonly associated with psychological and behavioral characteristics such as consciousness, connection with the formless, realization, liberation from limiting patterns, and bliss.
Where is the Crown chakra?
The crown chakra is placed at the top of the head or slightly above the head. It sits like a crown, radiating upwards.
It is primarily associated with the pituitary gland, and secondarily to the pineal and the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland work in pairs to regulate the endocrine system. Because of its location, the crown chakra is closely associated with the brain and the whole nervous system.
Balances and imbalances of the Crown Chakra
When the crown chakra is balanced, it brings feelings of serenity, joy, and deep peace about life. When you are immersed in the energy of your seventh chakra, you feel a state of blissful unity with everything around you.
Signs of balance
- Seeing the beauty- The crown chakra allows you to see the beauty and divinity in all things
- Unity- You are able to experience unity with everyone and everything around you
- Awareness- This chakra brings your consciousness to a higher level, allowing your awareness to be transcendent
- Enlightenment- The crown chakra is the gateway between the physical and cosmic self. This gives you the ability to have the utmost clarity and enlightened wisdom
When the crown chakra is imbalanced, it can cause you to feel out of sorts, and put stress on your body and mind. It can also hinder your ability to let go of materialistic needs and cause you to detach yourself from the world around you
Signs of imbalance
- Lack of inspiration
- Mental fog
- Lack of empathy
Crystals and their importance:
- Amethyst- prized for being a very spiritual crystal, activating and opening the Crown chakra to align you with universal energy
- Charoite- called ‘a stone of transformation’ because it transforms negative emotions, such as anger and fear, into positive feelings
- Fluorite- provides you with the focus and concentration you need when meditating and accessing the spiritual realms
- Howlite- helps you stay on your true path; because the Crown chakra is all about meeting your life goals, this crystal has gray destiny lines to steer you in the right direction
- Sugilite- use this stone when you are on a quest to master forgiveness and unconditional love
Benefits of Oils:
The influence that aromatic plant essential oils have on the body, mind and spirit in the practice of aromatherapy can be adapted to promote balanced chakra functioning. The idea is to apply activating essential oils to energize sluggish chakra function or calming oils to quiet over-active ones. Balancing oils are good candidates for maintaining support of well-regulated chakras. A combination of both activating and calming oils will tend to have an overall balancing and supportive benefit to the chakras.
- Rosewood- promotes faith and opens you up to spirituality
- Sacred Frankincense- exudes feelings of acceptance and love
- Sandalwood- aids in meditation and spiritual contemplation
- Lemon- uplifts your mood and increases your energy
Benefits of Foods:
What we put in our bodies greatly affects how we feel, how we think, and how our bodies perform. Food is one of the biggest healers and preventatives of illness. Food and chakra pairing can benefit us in many ways.
- High Alkaline foods: leafy greens (especially beet greens) are the best
- High Chromium foods: broccoli, potatoes and garlic
- Pituitary supplement: L-Arginine
- Purified water!
The Empress, The Emperor, The Hierophant, Check the doc for my Tarot notes.
What do these cards feel like to you? Can you think of a movie, art, music or images that connect to the energies of this card for you personally?
Crown Chakra Journal Questions:
What do I need to feel alive?
When was the last time I felt creative?
If money was no issue, what would I do? What would I create?
What does joy feel
When do I feel most “magnetic” or “on”?
*Remember: stress and moving fast are 2 of the biggest things that rob us of our intuition.
- Tune into your Crown Chakra daily. Visualize bringing purple light into it.
- Your Crown Chakra is your connection to all creation. Imagine Universal source energy flowing through the top of your head.
- Practice ways to experience yourself as a channel for Divine Love and Unity Consciousness.
- Cover your head when you need to in channeling work or in public
- Massage scalp and ask for messages to be
- Anoint your head with oils from list below
- Pick a goddess to work with from the doc I sent you
- Make a mantra to support your crown chakra (think: being connected, being one, being awake) that feels expansive and cosmic.