| The Cosmic RX
What is a chakra
There are traditionally seven (but we will go over 8!) chakras within the body, running from the base of the spine all the way up to the crown of the head. Chakra is the sanskrit word for “wheel” or “circle”, because the chakras are energy centres, thus when they are balanced they spin and allo energy to flow up the spine (or the Kundalini). Chakras can become overactive, under-active, or even blocked which can affect us physically and emotionally.
Every seven years, we have one dominant chakra for that cycle. The first 7 years of our life is related to the root chakra. Check journal questions for me.
What is the Heart Chakra
The heart chakra, the 4th chakra, is associated with air. It is the central powerhouse of the subtle body. We have air dispersing and integrating spiritual understanding of love, compassion, and connection to everything we encounter. Air is within and all around.
The heart chakra is associated with unconditional love, compassion, and joy. It is the source of deep and profound truths that cannot be expressed in words. It is the bridge between the lower and upper chakras integrating the manifest with the spiritual.
The energy of the heart chakra allows us to recognize and get in touch with the sacred and fundamental truth that runs through all of all life and connects everything together.
Where is the Throat chakra?
The throat chakra is located in the center of the chest, between the breasts. The energy center is not located where our actual heart organ lies, rather, the heart chakra is in the center of the chest area.
Because of its location, the heart chakra is associated with the cardiac system and the lungs. The gland associated with the heart chakra is the thymus, which is in charge of regulating the immune system.
Balances and imbalances of the Heart Chakra
Signs of balance
The heart chakra is all about connecting and relating. When we live from our heart and our heart energy is opened and balanced, we can see clearly and position ourselves in any situation. When the heart chakra is balanced, we are able to open ourselves to the energy of love that helps transfigure emotions and experiences.
Some signs include:
- Capacity to love
- Integration, bridge between earthly and spiritual aspirations
- Transcending personal identity and limitations of the ego
- Experience of unconditional love and connection with all
- Heart-centered discernment
- Appreciation of beauty in all things
- Experiencing deep and meaningful relationships
Signs of imbalance
If the heart is out of balance, an individual can suffer from jealousy, inability to forgive others, and even become the abuser or abused in relationships because love is power and some people use this power to control others
Some internal signs include:
- Being overly defensive
- Feeling closed down
- Jealousy; fear of intimacy
- Codependency, relying on others approval and attention, trying to please at all cost
- Always putting oneself in the role of the savior or the rescuer
- Excessive isolation, being recluse, antisocial
Physical disease from a blocked heart chakra can manifest into circulatory issues and blood disorders. This can also include illness in the lungs and diaphragm. When the energy is blocked or hindered, you may experience heart chakra pain.
Some external signs include:
- Respiratory ailments, such as lung infection, bronchitis
- Circulatory and heart-related issues
Crystals and their importanceRose Quartz
Rose quartz has a soothing energy and is ideal to work with when we go through hard times. The light pink crystal carries the energies of compassion, nourishment, tenderness, peace, and pure, conditional love.
This crystal helps emotional healing, raises self-esteem and a sense of self-love. Its nurturing energy brings forgiveness, compassion, peace, and renewal.
Aventurine Aventurine shifts your focus from your mind to your heart and helps you to live life to the fullest. It brings protective energies that encourage you to grow and blossom.
Jade attracts more energy into your life and helps in healing the matters of the heart. It also has purifying properties to help release tension.
Benefits of Oils:
The influence that aromatic plant essential oils have on the body, mind and spirit in the practice of aromatherapy can be adapted to promote balanced chakra functioning. The idea is to apply activating essential oils to energize sluggish chakra function or calming oils to quiet over-active ones. Balancing oils are good candidates for maintaining support of well-regulated chakras. A combination of both activating and calming oils will tend to have an overall balancing and supportive benefit to the chakras.
- Neroli- This sweet, citrusy, and floral essential oil is a natural tranquilizer and regulator of the nervous system. It is also said to regulate the rhythm of the heart
- Marjoram- This oil helps us connect with self-nurturing and can help us through the grieving process to let go and accept our loss. It has also been known for its benefits on the respiratory system, in particular in cases of asthma and bronchitis
- Lemon- Lemon lightens confusion, brings clarity and uplifts the spirit. It is also beneficial on the vascular system, balancing of blood pressure, soothing or weak or broken capillaries, and lymphatic system detoxification.
- Eucalyptus- This oil symbolizes openness and freedom. It is stimulating, decongestive, and soothing on the lungs and the chest while opening up the chest area and allowing energy to flow through the heart chakra.
Benefits of Foods:
What we put in our bodies greatly affects how we feel, how we think, and how our bodies perform. Food is one of the biggest healers and preventatives of illness. Food and chakra pairing can benefit us in many ways.
The fourth chakra is all about balance and green veggies maintain the equilibrium that is essential to the health of this chakra
- Limes, green apples, and avocados- Help balance your heart chakra so that you can become more contemplative and more conscious
- Lima beans and mung beans
- Green tea
- Basil, thyme, and cilantro